Verse 1
I remember the night we first talked,
Two strangers with nowhere to go.
You laughed at something I said,
And suddenly the whole room felt slow.
I didn't know your favorite song,
Didn't know the dreams in your head,
But something in the way you looked at me
Made me wish the night wasn't ending yet.
Pre-Chorus
And now every road I take
Seems to lead me back to you.
I never believed in forever,
Until forever started feeling true.
Chorus
So stay a little longer,
Don't let this moment disappear.
Put your hand inside of mine,
I just want to have you near.
We don't need a perfect story,
We don't need to know what's next.
If I have you beside me,
I've already got my best.
Verse 2
I love the little things you do,
The way you smile when you're shy.
The way you turn an ordinary day
Into something I don't want to say goodbye.
And when the world gets loud around us,
You somehow make the silence kind.
I could spend a thousand lifetimes
Trying to memorize your mind.
Pre-Chorus
Maybe love was never lightning,
Maybe it was always this—
Two hearts learning, day by day,
How much a simple touch can mean.
Chorus
So stay a little longer,
Don't let this moment disappear.
Put your hand inside of mine,
I just want to have you near.
We don't need a perfect story,
We don't need to know what's next.
If I have you beside me,
I've already got my best.
Bridge
If tomorrow changes everything,
If the seasons come and go,
I'll remember how you held me
When neither one of us could know
Where this road would lead us,
Or how far we'd have to roam.
All I ever really wanted
Was somewhere that felt like home.
Final Chorus
So stay a little longer,
Let the whole world wait outside.
I don't need a thousand promises,
Just don't let go of my hand tonight.
And if forever is a journey,
I'll walk every mile with you.
Because loving you feels easy,
Like the one thing my heart knew.

Comments
Post a Comment